aMule is one of the P2P software i´ve always recomended. I´m using this software, sharing one instance with my three flat mates. We have clients running on linux and windows, using amulegui.
But we have two Macs too, PPC and Intel. Well, i didn´t find amulegui package for mac os, despite you can find aMule for this plataform. So i started reading about amulegui building and managed to build this fantastic application.
Here i´m going to share my experience for anyone interested on building amulegui:
- First of all you need the XCode Tools supplied by Apple in your install DVD, you can download directly from Apple.
- amulegui needs wxwidgets, so it´s time to get this library, DON´T get the last version (2.8), download 2.6.3 version instead. Uncompress, run configure and then make and make install.
- Now we have to download amule source code, and run configure with the params:
./configure –enable-amule-gui –with-wx-config=/usr/local/bin/wx-config
- Build with make, and after compilation in <SOURCE-DIR>/src you have the executable amulegui.
- The last step, build the bundle:
mkdir -p amulegui.app/Contents/MacOS
cp <SOURCE-DIR>/src/amulegui amulegui.app/Contents/MacOS
That´s all i´ve done to build my amulegui.